Sunday 17 June 2012

Sunday Sounds - Casting Crowns

“You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe–a harmonic connection between all living beings; every where; even the stars.” ~Wizard (character from the movie August Rush). When I found this quote, I thought: that's a truth.  This feature is my little reminder that it's not only organ and choir music in a chuch. I hope you get inspired or if faith isn't really your thing, I hope you just enjoy the music.


Last week I went to a big Christian youth event: EO-youthday. I'm not a fan of big events. BUT, when I found out that Casting Crowns played that day, I completely ignored the fact that there would be about 20000 other people at this event. I just discovered their music this year, really. I like the honesty in the songs. 


The straight forward texts come from the fact that all bandmembers are youth workers at their home churches in the USA. Don't talk 'round the point, just say it straight out. Also the doubts and the questions. I like that.


I'd like to share the performance of the song Glorious Day that they gave last week. I love the song, and it's pretty much a summary of the new testament. All in less than 4 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment