Thursday 2 February 2012

Thankful Thursday


It doesn't hurt anyone to remind yourself of how lucky you are and to be thankful for that. So, I try to keep that up for myself by writing a post like this every week.

I missed out on last week although there were a lot of things to be thankful for. Like: a weekend full of sweet and lovely people and receiving mail from Taiwan (the real mail, with an envelope and post stamps, you know?).

Seven thankful moments this week:
  • The beautiful (blue skies and some sunshine) real winter, including snow and freezing temperatures (-8 or more at some nights).
  •  Have a (new!) coat to keep me warm for this winter weather.
  • Being able to learn from other cultures. I visited the Chinese New Year Celebration in The Hague this year. Loud and fun.
  • Having a brother and sister to have a laugh with.
  • And to stick with the family thing: parents that care about me so much
  • Photo memories (It was funny to see myself as a slightly chubby kid in the snow).
  • The book Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark. It is such a help by starting up a new project and a lot of fun to read too.
Inspired by the blog of Julie of Perfectly Imperfect (please go visit her inspirational blog, it's lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment