So, here are seven things I'm thankful for this week:
- The changing of seasons. This week we finally got some (slightly) freezing temperatures and with that I finally believed winter arrived. I felt like we've been stuck in Autumn for a long time now. And, as cold as it can be, I like the change.
- Beautiful clear blue and starry skies that came with those freezy nights.
- Free knowledge. The Wikipedia blackout (and also others) reminded me and maybe you also, of how big the role of the internetconnection is to us in this age. I joke around sometimes saying: "if I don't know, Google knows." That's a kind of freedom that not everybody in this world has, so we better be thankful for that.
- Baking apple chips yesterday and watching them dry out in the oven (like a kid watching the laundry going round in the machine). I found the recipe on the Joli Gâteau blog (it's in Dutch). I will have to practise a little with the recipe, but the ones that came out really dry were yummy.
- Having a mother and daughter day at the Ikea store.
- Discover a bottle of honey in our kitchencabinet. Yum.
- Being surprised by two very sweet facebook messages, from sweet people.