Thursday 19 January 2012

Thankful Thursday

It doesn't hurt anyone to remind yourself of how lucky you are and to be thankful for that. So, when I stumbled up on the blog of Julie of Perfectly Imperfect (please go visit her inspirational blog, it's lovely), reading her 7 things posts; I thought that's a great idea to try, just to remind myself of how lucky I am.

So, here are seven things I'm thankful for this week:
  • The changing of seasons. This week we finally got some (slightly) freezing temperatures and with that I finally believed winter arrived. I felt like we've been stuck in Autumn for a long time now. And, as cold as it can be, I like the change.
  • Beautiful clear blue and starry skies that  came with those freezy nights.
  • Free knowledge. The Wikipedia blackout (and also others) reminded me and maybe you also, of how big the role of the internetconnection is to us in this age. I joke around sometimes saying: "if I don't know, Google knows." That's a kind of freedom that not everybody in this world has, so we better be thankful for that.
  • Baking apple chips yesterday and watching them dry out in the oven (like a kid watching the laundry going round in the machine). I found the recipe on the Joli Gâteau blog (it's in Dutch). I will have to practise a little with the recipe, but the ones that came out really dry were yummy.
  • Having a mother and daughter day at the Ikea store.
  • Discover a bottle of honey in our kitchencabinet. Yum.
  • Being surprised by two very sweet facebook messages, from sweet people.
How about you? What are you thankful for this week? Leave a reply and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment